Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Hermaphrodite: Farzana or Faizan


'My life has completely changed but I hope I can still retain my friendships. I hope that I can stay in touch with all my friends and that people don't judge me for this...I have been sick for a very long time and now that I am healthy I am thankful. I don't care about whether I am a boy or a girl as long as I am alive... Quoting: Farzana

A 17-year-old hermaphrodite in Pakistan is happy to be alive – after receiving medical attention he so desperately needed. According to reports, the teenager was born as a hermaphrodite and her (or his) body was beginning to shut down due a severe hormonal imbalance:
A 17-year-old Pakistani girl, who had been very sick for the past few months and turned into a boy after a sex-change operation, is grateful to be healthy and alive now and said post-operation: 'I don't care about whether I am a boy or a girl as long as I am alive.' Farzana, who was critically ill, was taken to a hospital in Lahore from Rahim Yar Khan city in Punjab province. 'She had been ill for nearly a year and we have had several consultations,' Express Tribune quoted Rehan, a doctor, as saying. 'I had told her parents that she had a rare genetic condition and that she was suffering from a severe hormonal imbalance.' The doctor said: 'Farzana has hermaphrodite genes and we needed to operate on her soon because her body was beginning to shut down.' Farzana's worried father Ishtiaq said: 'The doctor came to us and said that we had the choice to see our daughter die or to see her become our son....


Story Continues...

9 comments:

  1. This is so sad to read.

    The parents were too ashamed to take their child to a doctor.

    So they waited until the child fell deathly ill, where they were forced to seek medical attention.

    The child body was craving hormone pills and a much needed sex change operation.

    The child was so happy to be alive. The child suffered for a long time because the parents were too ashamed to take their child to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medical Help(typo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the real article...DUMB ASS
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/108572/sex-change-operation-from-farzana-to-faizan/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This child sat ill for over one entire year. The parents were too ashmed to take their child to see a doctor!

    The right doctor? Did the parents take their child to see a veterinarian or a doctor who specialized in people born with genetic conditions?

    The child (or teenager) body doesn't produce hormones naturally. As a result, the person must intake daily hormones pills to survive.

    After falling extremely ill, the person's body was craving what it lacked. Did you click on the link and read the article attached to this post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are people ignoring this truth about hermaphrodites?

    To understand 'their' present, you must understand 'their' past!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone recently described the phrase "polar opposites" as comparing the President of the USA to a crack addict. Does anyone know what President Obama was doing when he lived in NYC from 1981-1985 or so? Enquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it takes more than one doctor to clarify the exact problems, come on we all know that. Also her condition may not have developed until later via not at birth so her parents did not know via no external genital problems. So don't be quick to blame.u have no idea what this family went threw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thаnks for finаllу talkіng about > "The Hermaphrodite: Farzana or Faizan"
    < Liked it!

    Here is my blog post ::
    msn doωn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi tо every one, it's genuinely a pleasant for me to pay a visit this web site, it contains priceless Information.

    Check out my web blog: test speed of website

    ReplyDelete