Sunday, September 20, 2009

Update: Caster Semenya



The Head of Athletics South Africa (ASA) Leonard Chuene, has admitted that he ignored advice to withdraw Caster from competing in the IAAF Championships in Berlin Last Month and lied about the gender examination that was conducted prior to the games.

According to Leonard:
"I can no longer stand before you and say that I am not aware of gender tests conducted on Caster Semenya, I feel I was acting in the best interests of Caster Semenya as a person; I believed at that time my constant denials would help to protect her. I realise it was an error of judgment, and I should have been more forthcoming, even if it was difficult."


Leonard also admitted that Harold Adams, a team doctor, told him that Caster should not participlate in the world titles.

According to Leonard:
"I was told, I agree I was told very clear by Dr Adams [not to let her race],"


A conversation via email has lead to the discovery of truth.

South Africa's ministry of Sports has requested that Leonard Chuene, is fired for not following the request of Dr. Adams and mishandling the results of Caster Semenya's gender test.

No comments:

Post a Comment